When a group of people with common interests and passion collabs together to learn or influence each other for the good, holds a community. Is it okay to have a society where just people share content, chat, and gossip? Or is it better to have a community where people grow together? To have an engaged community it is not enough to share posts but also to engage the whole group to retain members for the group productivity and a more engaging community.
“The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members” - Coretta Scott king
Have you seen a store with an efficient and effective working system but with no customers? A community without interaction and engagement looks the same.
The greatness of a community is assured when the group of people is highly productive, actively involved in the decision-making process, and strengthens relationships among themselves and the potential consumers in the community, to achieve the community goal. Working merely to run a community solely will not be enough to build an effective community but to make it in a way engaging does! Public participation and speaking up are necessarily important in the community.
Here are some of the tried and tested methods that are easy to act on and will give a head to make your community hooked
- Making people interact: Solitary understanding of the purpose of the community isn't enough people should enable to answer what's happening and interact with each other and engage in every happening in the community. Just taking the knowledge and setting up behind will make the community slow to progress.
- Start a journey with a warm welcome: It is behavioral etiquette to greet with politeness. It gives the member a feeling of respect and the people are assured in that community. It helps to win the people's moral support in the community and more engaging in a way.
- Consistency is the key: Being consistent helps people not to distract from the community and strengthen the bond between them. Don't let any other community spike up the spirit of your community member. Being connected every time will assist members to focus on their goals.
- Rewards: This strategy helps members to retain longer and to develop a sense of belongingness among members and make them feel comfortable and to speak up with their superiors which will create an engaging community environment.
- Focus on weak ones: Noticing people with less engagement should be driven out and encouraged to involve in more community activities. These people should interact more with the ones who actively take part in every event and activity.
- Diving the members into subgroups: In large sections, driving the whole community member at once is not possible. Making subgroups will help eventually to focus on each and everyone which will help in every dimension of engagement. The groups with their particular leaders will help the community to grow more.
Community engagement happens for basically four reasons which are:
- Development of community or building the community.
- Participating in the community for decision-making purposes.
- Voluntarily working in the community for social improvement.
- Community engagement for brands and small businesses for wider reach and achieving their goal.
Engaging people is not as difficult but taking some of the actions for it will make it more effective and helpful which will benefit the community in the long term, where every member gives an equal part of their contribution and help in upbringing with the all-around positive effect. Just true guidance and patience are required for the acceleration of the community.
For more quality content, join NbliK and be part of the community you like.